why don't have generate stored procedures of all tables of one database

Mar 2, 2010 at 8:08 AM

i am a chinese developer on .NET.

why don't have generate stored procedures of all tables of one database??

i hope to add this function in the next version.

thank you very much.

msn:jorden008@hotmail.com

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:26 PM

Exactly,

Please add some features of Tools4SQL.net Stored Procedure Generator.

Mainly joined SP and all stored procedures of all tables of a single database in one click.

Anybody has any free sp generator like T4S then please let me know at nileshgambhava@yahoo.com

Feb 27, 2011 at 11:50 PM

I submitted a patch to do that, generate the needed DB class, entities objects, and a starting BL classes.  It also combines all stored procedures to a single sql script instead of having to run all of them.  You also have to pass the connection string.  I also upgraded it to .Net 4.

Feb 28, 2011 at 4:18 AM
Edited Feb 28, 2011 at 4:19 AM

"generate the needed DB class, entities objects, and a starting BL classes." is really usefull and I am using that only. But generally our database contains hundreds of tables so it is time consuming and bit boring to generate for each table. So if possible then please add Generate all features and Join Stored Procedures based on PK-FK relations.

Feb 28, 2011 at 4:25 AM
Edited Feb 28, 2011 at 4:28 AM

It does, just click on the database and generate stored procedures.  It will generate for every table in the database.  Just make sure you have it set to save the files.  It doesn't do joining yet, but if you have a foreign key, it will do a selection based on it.  Basically, it will do a select for every field as long as it is not text or ntext.

Mar 6, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Patch 8506 may be more to you liking.  The only thing not done is the table joins.

Aug 16, 2011 at 7:24 AM

Have you added Join Features. It will be great help for us.